Marriage Counseling, Couples Counseling, Relationship Counseling, Coaching and Education for Couples
Building Stronger Relationships for a Lifetime of Commitment and Love
Rebuild * Reconnect * Recommit
Infidelity has hit your relationship and you want to stay together and work through it?
You want to try one last time before you throw in the towel?
Tired of fighting about the same issues?
Ready to improve your communication skills?
At a place in your marriage or relationship, where you don’t like each other anymore?
Ready to fall in love all over again?
Constant conflicts causing you to feel sad, depressed, lonely, disrespected, taken for granted, devalued, misunderstood, dishonored, or unappreciated?
Ready to have and build a happy, loving, strong, lasting, healthy relationship together?
Ready to build a healthy, loving, lasting, strong, solid relationship?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then relationship/couples/marriage counseling is for you.
Relationships are sometimes difficult to maintain, but not impossible, and to have and build a healthy, loving, and lasting relationship, it takes two people willing to work together to build strong foundation. Relationships don’t just happen, they take work, time, energy, and a lot of dying to SELF.
When it comes to relationships, you have to remember that you are merging your environments, upbringings, values, likes, beliefs, dislikes, family issues, personal issues, thought process, and differences together to create a marriage between two imperfect people. Marriage and developing a healthy relationship takes WORK.
I work with couples who are ready to go to the next level and ready to improve their relationship skills, ready to learn how to build a healthy relationship, build a healthy, strong and lasting marriage/relationship, ready to learn how to manage conflict, want to learn to trust again, and develop healthy ways to communicate.
I can help you improve your relationship, build a healthy relationship, build a healthy and strong marriage/relationship manage conflict, and improve your communication with each other.
I use a variety of techniques and resources to help you enhance your relationship skills, decrease and manage conflict, and increase your love for each other.
Services include the following:
- Longer intensive sessions
- Interactive sessions
- Four convenient options
- Early mornings, Late evenings, and Saturday Options
- Gottman Relationship Assessment
- Assessment feedback sessions to review results, to discuss strengths and challenges of the relationship, and to provide recommendations for ways to strengthen your relationship
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Approach – A research-based approach to strengthening relationships
- Scheduled sessions using Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Action Plans/Homework to complete between sessions to build and enhance healthy relationship skills
For Cost and Options Download a copy of The Gottman Approach with Me
The Gottman Relationship Assessment
The Gottman Relationship Assessment is an online assessment tool created by Drs. John and Julie Gottman in collaboration with The Gottman Institute in Seattle, Washington. This is a research-based assessment for couples used as a method for learning the strengths and challenges of a relationship.
This clinical tool consists of 480 questions about friendship, intimacy, how well you know your partner, how you manage emotions and conflict, how you share your values and goals, and what gives meaning to your lives. There are additional questions about parenting, housework, finances, trust, and individual areas of concern. Question topics include friendship, intimacy, conflict, finances, children, trust, commitment, drug and alcohol screenings, and individual issues that can put a relationship at risk. https://checkup.gottman.com/couple/faq
To learn more about The Gottman Approach click here, https://www.gottman.com/about/research/faq/
Working with me, you will learn:
- how to successfully manage conflict
- how to communicate effectively
- how to communicate your needs, wants and desires honestly and respectfully
- how to decrease frustration when things don’t go as planned or go your way
- how to identify and address solvable problems, understand, appreciate, and respect your differences
- practical tools to empower you and your mate to dialogue about your worst issues, identify solutions to your problems, and steps to take to manage those problems
- how to process fights and heal hurts
- how to have, develop, and maintain a loving, lasting, healthy, and strong marriage
For Cost and Options Download a copy of The Gottman Approach with Me
Recommended Books and Books Used in Sessions
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert by John Gottman Ph.D. and Nan Silver
- 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged by H. Norman Wright
- Before You Say “I Do”®: A Marriage Preparation Guide for Couples by H. Norman Wright
- Before You Say “I Do”® Devotional: Building a Spiritual Foundation for Your Life Together by H. Norman Wright
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman
- Why Marriages Succeed or Fail: And How You Can Make Yours Last by John PhD Gottman
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
- Love and Respect Workbook: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships by Henry Cloud
- What Makes Love Last?: How to Build Trust and Avoid Betrayal by John Gottman Ph.D.
- The Wait: A Powerful Practice for Finding the Love of Your Life and the Life You Love by DeVon Franklin and Meagan Good
Articles Written by Me
- http://www.marriage.com/advice/relationship/20-pearls-of-wisdom-for-after-i-do-what-they-didnt-tell-you/(Marriage.com, 2016)
- http://www.marriage.com/advice/relationship/7-ways-to-keep-from-losing-yourself-in-your-relationship/ (Marriage.com, 2016)
- http://www.lovemagazine.com/magazine/article/five-relationship-essentials-for-women (Love Magazine, March 31, 2016)
- http://www.marriage.com/advice/relationship/10-ways-to-manage-conflict-without-losing-your-relationship/ (Marriage.com, 2016)
- http://www.marriage.com/advice/relationship/5-things-to-remember-to-decrease-conflicts-in-your-relationship/ (Marriage.com, 2016)
- http://www.marriage.com/advice/divorce/top-3-ways-men-can-cope-with-i-want-a-divorce/ (Marriage.com, 2016)
Other Recommended Articles
*Note* To ensure I provide couples with the best possible service, I offer longer, interactive sessions called intensive. I work with couples who want to strengthen their marriage, strengthen their relationship, strengthen their communication skills, strengthen their love for each other, and who want to learn how to manage conflict and other relationship issues effectively.