Trainings, Presentations, and Workshops
-Suicide Prevention Training
I Have a Suicidal Student in My Office, Now What? is her signature Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training where she teaches school counselors how to identify individuals at-risk for suicidal behaviors, she helps them to understand and identify suicidal risk factors and warning signs, and provides information on how to get help for loved ones, friends or coworkers. Having lost a student to suicide, she understands what school counselors, teachers, students, parents, and administrators go through after losing a student, and she also understands the impact suicide has on communities, families, and employers. Dr. Evans completed the School Suicide Prevention Accreditation Program under the American Association of Suicidology.
When Holding onto a Relationship Goes Wrong, is her signature Relationship Empowerment Talk, where she empowers and helps single women overcome and avoid the relationship pitfalls, break the unhealthy relationship cycle, overcome making horrible relationship decisions, and accept the reality and truth about their relationship. Learn the 7 Keys to Accepting the Truth, Letting Go, and Making Room for the Relationship God Intended for You. Dr. LaWanda is very passionate about helping women love themselves make healthy relationship decisions, avoid relationship pitfalls, and develop healthy relationships.
–Health and Wellness
Leading While Bleeding: Taking Care of Yourself While Walking in the Fullness of God, is her signature Self-Care Talk, where she empowers women to take care of their emotional and mental health, and teaches them how to manage and decrease stress. Women take on so many responsibilities, work, church, family, extended family, school, children, etc. and sometimes we forget about ourselves and we become overwhelmed. In this presentation, participants will learn how to create a balanced life, understand the importance of self-care, manage, decrease stress, and be happy at the same time. Learn the Importance of Self-Care and Effective Ways to Manage and Decrease Stress. Dr. Evans believes that emotional and mental health should be top priority in every woman’s life, and she practices self-care on a daily basis.
Workshop Topics, Presentations, Corporate Trainings, Etc.
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- The Truth About Your Relationship: 7 Keys to Accepting the Truth, Letting Go, and Making Room for the Relationship God has for You
- When Your Relationship Takes a Turn
- Secretly Suffering: When Depression Hits Home
- I Have a Suicidal Student in My Office, Now What?
- Self-Care and Wellness
- Work-Life- Balance
- Teambuilding Through Interaction
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Workplace Communication Using Emotional Intelligence
- Improving Workplace Communication
- Understanding and Preventing Harassment
- Thriving in Uncertain Times
- Suicide Prevention & Education
- Improving Relationships Through Communication
Below is a list of groups Dr. Evans has been a panelist, speaker, workshop presenter, trainer for:
- The Sherry Bronson Show – Christian Dating: The Importance of Emotional and Mental Wellness
- The Sherry Bronson Show – Faith and Betrayal: How to Restore Broken Relationships?
- The Sherry Bronson Show – Singles: To Marry or Not to Marry
- Environmental Protection Agency
- North Chapter of Christian Counselors of Texas
- Social Security Administration
- EX-POSED Ministry
- 2017 Texas Professional School Counselor Conference
- Christian Women Affiliate/Foundational Gifts Podcast Guest – God and Faith: Forward in Faith
- LCS Radio Show Guest – Casting a Vision for 2017
- LCS Radio Show Guest – Seasonal Depression and How People Can Cope with Grief
- Fort Worth Metropolitan Black Chamber of Commerce – The Women’s Business Division
- National Association of Christian Women’s Entrepreneurs
- One Night Stand for Singles – Panelist
- Minority Behavioral Healthcare Provider Network
- Dallas-Fort Worth Urban League Young Professionals
- Mt. Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church
- Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. TXNM State Summit
- Mt. Olive Baptist Church
- Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
- Texas Counseling Association Conference
- Texas School Counselors Association Conference
- Argosy University, Alpha Upsilon Delta Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota
- University of Texas at Arlington, Youth Education Success (YES!) Summit
- University of Texas at Arlington, Pathway to College Access Parent Conference
- Cedar Valley Early College/Cedar Hill Collegiate High School
- Grand Prairie Independent School District
For a list of speaking topics and past facilitated presentations, please click here DrLNESpeakerKit2
Dr. Evans can be booked for seminars, workshops, mental health panels, trainings, luncheons, conferences, speaking engagements, keynotes, etc.
All presentations can be customized to meet the needs of any group. To book Dr. Evans and to inquire about fees, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-855-8947.