Let’s Talk About It
The Healthy Relationship Institute
Dr. LaWanda N. Evans
20 Ways to Have Engaging Conversations with Your Mate
- Tell me about your day or how was your day?
- What were the things that stressed, concerned, or bothered you the most today?
- What was it about your day that made it great, interesting, ok, etc?
- Tell me more about that
- How can I meet your needs?
- What hurts you the most about what happen?
- If you can change anything about the situation what would it be?
- I love spending time with you or spending time with you makes me feel _____, what would you like to do today, tomorrow, this weekend, etc?
- I would love to hear your thoughts about_____.
- What was so exciting about today?
- You seem stressed, what do you need from me or what can I do to help you relax?
- When time permits, I would love to share_____with you and hear your thoughts.
- What are your plans for the weekend, today, or tomorrow, I was thinking we could_______, what are your thoughts?
- What was the last book you read and how did it impact you?
- I was thinking we could read_______, what are your thoughts?
- What are your thoughts about visiting _______?
- What areas of your life would you like to improve or change, and how can I support you?
- What are the issues in our relationship we should work on and how should be go about working on them?
- How can I support you or what do you need from me as you pursue your goals?
- What are you willing to change, so we/our relationship can be better?